Monday, January 11, 2010

ONE WEEK DOWN

Ok, so I have officially completed week one...and I have to say, I'm proud of myself. I did part of every goal this week, although I could have pushed myself harder, I still did it..I still tried. That has to count for something right?? I mean, it took me years to get where I am at... I have to face reality and know that it may take years to get where I want to be.

To recap my week, I excerised 3 times last week. My goal is to try and work out every day this week and from here on out. I bought a new book, "The Beck Diet Solution, Train Your Brain to Think Like a Thin Person." So far, the book has really made me think and it speaks to me about my little monkey on my shoulder who tells me to "eat this and not that".."dont' workout today, you can do it tomorrow"..."don't worry that your clothes are tight"...I could go on and on. So now, I am going to "train" my monkey to say nice things like..."you deserve to be happy and thin!!" I am going to try...that's better than not, right?? Exercise-Check.

Reading--I read "Have a Little Faith" by Mitch Albom. It was a great book, I would definatley recommend it to everyone! It actually helped me to check off two of my goals. New book and spiritual growth. Now I am reading, "Sundays At Tiffany's", by James Patterson. So far, so good! Reading-Check, Spiritual Growth-Check.

Even though I read a book about spiritual growth, I was also given the opportunity for growth of a different kind. I was approached to be a Sunday School teacher, although I have hesitation about it because of my inept knowledge, I also feel God has given me this opportunity to teach. Spiritual Growth-Check, Check.

Oh yes, and the best and most fun goal...new recipe. Ok, to be honest my husband created this recipe, but it was new...so that should count for something. My husband put a roast in a crockpot..ok, I realize that isn't new, but he put a package of aus jus in it. The roast was so tender and flavorful. It was GREAT!

Til next week....postiive thoughts, postive thoughts, postive thoughts!

2 comments: